Thursday, July 14, 2011

Back on Plan and Bridesmaid Dress


One of the first things I did when I got home was sign back up for WeightWatchers.  It took being in France to realize just how much I love (and need) my meetings.  Not always for the topics discussed, but definitely for the weekly weigh-in.  I’m now on my second consecutive week of tracking and it feels really good.  I don’t know when the last time was that I actually tracked EVERYTHING I put in my mouth for 7 days in a row and, right now, I’m on Day 11.  I’m proud of that AND I’m feeling really good.  I’m so happy to be home and everything is just going really well, barring my cellphone woes in France. 

That said, I do really need to get back into my running and my activity.  I haven’t run in two weeks and haven’t lifted or cross trained in goodness knows how long and I’m feeling really… blah.  I look okay, but I just feel really weak.  All of my arm tone?  Gone.  Not ok.

Anyway, another thing I’m realizing that I REALLY missed about America is the online menus and nutrition information.  Yes, French cuisine at restaurants is exquisite, BUT because they’re virtually all small, individually-owned restaurants, there’s no way to really know what’s going into your food or how many calories it is.  Plus, there are not as many options and French chefs don’t take too kindly to modifications of their “cuisine.”  When I was there, that really stressed me out because here I always pre-order in my head. 

For example, I’m going to Joe’s Crab Shack tonight and I meticulously deciphered the menu and calculated PP values before settling on a shrimp appetizer (4 PP) and either the crab bucket, Malibu shrimp, or a lobster bucket (both buckets sans the 400-calorie dipping butter) for 11-14 PP.  Way more points than I’d eat at home (esp if I get a beer), but SOOO much better than choosing blindly.  Plus, it keeps me near my daily points, so I’ll still have plenty for the first wedding this weekend! 

Speaking of weddings, I forgot to show a photo of my sis’s bridesmaids dress.  Here’s me in it pre-tailoring, but pinned for the tailor:


Which earrings do you guys prefer?

Option A:

Option B:



I think I might be leaning more towards A myself.  I’m not usually into this shade of blue, but I think it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.  I just hope after the tailoring (and 3 weeks from now) that it’ll still fit well. 

Anyway, lunch break is almost over here at work, so I better get back to it!  Hopefully I’ll get lots of cute photos from this weekend!  I can’t believe Care and Tim’s wedding is already here!  In many ways, it feels like it was just yesterday that I called her on the phone on my work break to tell her I’d gotten a letter saying she was going to be roommate in Room 201 in Read Hall.  Oh, how time flies!!!