Saturday, March 26, 2011
Friday, March 25, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
- J and I are 100% officially back together again and he's purchased a plane ticket to come to France and see me in April (3 weeks from today!!! Eep!!). I really couldn't be happier about this, even if it has been a hard road getting back to this point.
- After MONTHS of deliberation, mixed responses, and lots of debate and list-making, I've finally settled on a grad school for starting my M.A. in French this fall. I've chosen (drum roll, please...) THE Ohio State University in my lovely homestate.
- My little sister got engaged! To be fair, this didn't happen between Sunday-Tuesday, but there has been a lot of wedding planning progress this week, namely date and venue choosing! Since her fiancé will only have a month of leave once he gets back from Iraq, they're going to get married on July 9th... A little more than three months away! I'm going to try and come home from France early to make sure my dress fits and everything. Whew!
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Saturday, March 19, 2011
- Get three runs in on Sunday (tomorrow), Tuesday, and Friday. I've decided Sunday is going to be my long run day, so I'm going to shoot for 5 miles tomorrow and go from there. I need to get myself back in a regular pattern again!
- Do 2 days of P90X as cross training.
- Try and be smart going out to dinner tonight with the girls and not over do it
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
- After Jan/Feb, I was starting to really feel out of control and was beginning to noticing that my clothes weren't fitting as well as they should be.
- I stumbled across Whitney @ Slimming Down for the Gown's blog. Clearly I'm not getting married, but I looked at her progress bar on the right and she started at about my weight and a little over a year later is almost to her goal. What really motivated me was seeing how all of her small weekly losses have added up to such big results. Whenever I see a small loss myself from here on out, I'm going to try and think of her and remember that the little losses DO add up so I don't get discouraged.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
As a result, there have been mostly indoor activities on the schedule. Today: Spring Cleaning! I have so much winter clothing that's clogging up my closet here and I need to figure out how much space I'm going to my springtime visitors to leave in their suitcases so that I can send stuff home with them. I look around my apartment here and it's very easy to get overwhelmed about how much stuff I have to haul back to America in July. Plus, there's still one more round of 'les soldes' (national sales) to shop through before I leave! ;)
Here's a view of my closet/bookcase pre-cleaning. Ick!
While cleaning, I stumbled across an old frenemy... the bikini. I only have a bikini here with me in France. Originally I had it in the winter so I could wear it to the hammam (Turkish bath), but now that swimsuit season is coming, it's getting ready for more public action. Of course, I had to slip it on and, for the first time ever, I'm going to post a swimsuit picture of myself on the blog. ::wince::
So this is it. The bottoms have always been a bit small on this swimsuit. I bought it at Old Navy when I was out running to Home Depot for something for Jon this summer in Auburn, so I was in a hurry! I'm hoping by the time I go to the beach, there won't be quite as much of a bulge on the sides... Not a fan. That said, I'm kind of nervous about posting them on the blog, but I hope it'll just help me to be accountable to all of you in the coming months.
My reaction to these photos? I've reached a point where I don't HATE to see myself in a swimsuit like this, but it's definitely not the toned, svelte person I want to be. I know there are abs under there (they're sore, so I know they're there!) and I just need to burn off the smushy layer surrounding them.
It's been a week and a half of tracking and I really think this is the start of a new journey. I have another blog post with my first weigh-in and some goals, so stay tuned.
Oh, and here's my newly organized closet for Spring! I forgot to pack away my winter running clothes and realized it after I'd stuffed the suitcase back up top (the carry on inside of the big one) and I'm too lazy to take it down again right now. Oh well! It's an improvement anyways!
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
I feel like I'm always writing these "back from the dead!" posts on here, so I apologize. Between being on vacation and just generally going off plan for both food and exercise in the past few weeks (or really past two months if I'm 100% honest), I've pretty much been too embarrassed to blog about my healthiness journey. Mostly because then I'd have to either lie or talk about my unhealthy choices. I mean, I wasn't eating whole pizzas or eating whole tubs of ice cream, but also wasn't saying 'no' to pain au chocolat, baguette, or cheese. For example, here are a few foodie photos from vacation in the UK:
- To see my nutrient breakdown. I plugged in Day One on Calorie Count just for kicks to see what my actual calories/nutrients were and saw that, while I thought I was right on target points wise, I was actually too low in a few different categories. I'm now going to work harder to get the right amount of nutrients and not just points.
- To save money. I haven't been good about tracking or using my WW materials since I got to France really, so there's no point in adding to my US credit card bill if I'm not taking full advantage of the tools.
- To try something new (maybe this will help?)
- Lastly (and not part of this parallel structure), WW without meetings isn't as effective for me. I know a lot of people (like my good friend Amber) have had stunning success using just the online community and eTools, but after 2 years of meetings, WW just isn't the same without them.