Sunday, August 15, 2010

A rainy start to our last week in Paris...

So, it's our last week and Paris has decided to rain on my parade. Last night, I sat down and planned out two runs that I really want to do before I leave--the first hits the Eiffel tower, Trocadero, Étoile, the Champs-Elysées and Tuileries, and the other involves taking the metro to the Parc des Buttes Chaumont to hang out and then running back to the dorm. I'd hoped to wake up and do the second run this morning, but, like yesterday, it has been raining all day. I'm really hoping to be able to squeeze them in this week before we leave, so I hope to weather clears up! I'm also going to try and hit that WW meeting this week since we have more evening free time this last week.

In other news, I found my apartment in Avignon for the duration of my teaching assistantship! It's adorable and way closer to the university than I was when I was actually ATTENDING the university... Unfair, right? Anyway, the apartment is fully furnished and I'll be living with a student at the university named Claire. We've never met and I've not technically *seen* the apartment in person, but I think it should be great. Plus, it's more information than you get when you move into your Freshman dorm, right? It's such a relief to have found a place! Now, I just need to get all of my paperwork in order!

Other than that, I don't have much to report in the running/eating/whatnot arena, but here are a few snapshots from our last, rainy weekend in Paris:

Doing a bit of rainy souvenir shopping by the Seine

A mix-your-own bag of gummy candies for the movie... More expensive, but *bonus* portion control!

View as we left the dorm after yesterday's rain... Gorgeous sunset

A rainy view from my window

Taking a break from the rain by stopping for lunch in a crêperie near Notre Dame de Paris


Hopping on the nearest metro to get home and out of the rain


Oh, and I leave you with my favorite song of the moment. I stumbled upon it because one of my co-workers in Cincinnati just got married and this was the soundtrack for their "same day edit," a really cool idea I'd never heard of before where the whole day is filmed and then mixed and the short film is presented to everyone onscreen at the end of the reception. Interesting, huh? I love the chorus:

Hey boy, won't you take me out tonight?
I'm not afraid of all the reasons why we shouldn't try
Hey boy, won't you take me out tonight?
I get excited when I think of crawling into your arms.


What can I say? I'm sappy and, in many ways, very ready to go home and snuggle. Anyway, sorry it wouldn't let me embed the actual music video, but the video this guy made is actually pretty sweet.

1 comment:

Corletta said...

Everyone seems to be in France right now. What in the world? Everyone, but me :( I hope that you had a blast!!!!