Monday, August 30, 2010

Three Cities, One Weekend

One visa, two bus rides, and approximately 20 hours of travel later, this weekend has come to a sunburny close.

Me and the “Bean” in Chicago

Chicago was good, and, actually, not a complete food nightmare. Since I couldn’t fit my running shoes in to the small carry-on I took with me on the Megabus, I wasn’t able to run in Chicago, but still managed to end my week at a roughly even scale of points use (perhaps a tiny bit over). I also didn't get to run in Athens during my 22-hour "WOO! I can see Jon again!" visit where, instead, we spent 9 hours outside in the 94º heat working our garage sale. That said, I stepped on the scale yesterday when I was at home in Athens and was down to 169.8, so hopefully I’ll see a bit of a loss tomorrow when I hit up the WW meeting at lunch with Deb!

I’m still working on figuring out a lifting plan, so once that’s figured out (hopefully this week), I can start doing that, but for now, I’m trying to figure out the workout plan for the week. I’m currently car-less, so we’ll see about getting to the classes. Ideally, I’d love to hit Zumba and Pilates tomorrow night, but we’ll see with my carless status. My minimum goal is to hit at least 3 of the training runs this week so I can move to Wk 2 (Aerobic intervals, Gentle pushes, and the 6-7mi long run on Sunday). I figure the 3-4 mile easy run on Saturday probably won’t happen since we’ll be in Auburn for the first football game of the season! Woo! Without any group fitness classes, that’d put me at 26 activity points for the week… Not too shabby, especially considering that there will definitely be a lot of food and beer involved in tailgating!

Anyway, I don't have a ton to talk about this week. Just looking forward to getting those runs in and going down to Auburn for the weekend. I'm so glad we were able to work a game in before I left for France! I know I'm a new football fan, but, still, seeing how much Jon loves it, I would have been bummed to have missed the entire season!

Question, do any of you have any good running book recommendations? My friend Christina @ Making Healthy the Norm recommended a book on lifting, which looks great, and I plan on using it to figure out my plan, but I’d love some running tips as well!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Runners World has a Running For Women book that I enjoyed. And then there is a book called "Run Like a Mother" which is a fun read. My all time favorite running books is "Born To Run"

financecupcake said...

You are always dressed so cute! I like your style. Ram and I stay super busy (and I stay sweaty), so I wear athletic clothes pretty much all the time. Jealous. :)

That's great you got to spend some time with Jon! I hope your weigh-in went well today.

Are your zumba and pilates classes Y classes?

Running books... Hmm. I just typed 'running' into the library's web site anc checked out every running book they have. My memory is horrible, so I don't know which ones to recommend. :( What kind of running tips are you hoping to find?