Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Shred (Day 2) and Weigh-In

Hoping to run today after work, I woke up this morning at 5:30am to squeeze in the second day of this whole "shred" business. I completed it, but let's just say my quads weren't (and aren't) too happy about it.

You'd think that with all the running I've been doing, they'd be stronger, but apparently not. I actually read an article today on the importance of lifting for runners, and, after seeing the effects of Level 1 of the shred on my poor, innocent quads, I completely understand.

That said, I had every intention of hitting the treadmill tonight after work to crank out a 6-miler... That delusion actually hung on until I got home and went to lace up my shoes and tried to run a few steps... and couldn't do more than a few yards without cringing. Instead, I took my ridiculously sore quads on a walk around the neighborhood with my mom. Here's hoping they'll be ready for tomorrow AM's shred experience and then tomorrow evening's yoga/jogging date with Paige!

Finally, as expected, this week brought about a gain:

Weekly weigh-in: 171.0
Loss: +2.4
Total loss: -22.6
Emotion: Unsurprised, but still not thrilled
LBS to go to 164 mini-goal: 7.0

I actually gained back all of the weight I'd been down last week. I'm kind of bummed since 7lbs in a week and a half seems a bit much to reach my pre-France mini-goal, but how was I supposed to know that I'd be allergic to medication and require serious steroids? In any case, I'm tracking my food like mad, and, as per a friend's suggestion, I manually went down on my WW daily points in an effort to break this plateau. Hopefully those measures in addition to exercise and getting off these meds will help me to see a loss next week!

On that note, I close with a question: Have any of you done the Shred and experienced this intense quad pain? What did you do? Honestly, I can hardly move, so I'm kind of skeptical about tomorrow morning's impending performance...