Friday, December 24, 2010

Home for the Holidays (Part 1)

I know I've been totally MIA while I've been back here in the States... To make it up to you, here are a few photos from the beginning of my visit. I went to Athens for a few days to see friends and to get stuff back/give stuff to Jon post-breakup.

Seeing my friends and visiting my local favorites was amazing and exactly what I needed. I needed to see Jon too and I'm glad that we did, though I have to admit that it's a lot harder being in the same state/country as him and not being together than it was missing him from France. While my trip here has been amazing and I'm so glad I've had the chance to see everyone I have and visit, it has been hard knowing that I originally bought this ticket to see him and spend the holidays with him, but hey, I'm doing the best I can.

Met Alicia and her boyfriend at Jackie O's, a local brew pub for fried pickles and some local delicious beer


Bad for the waistline, but I'd been looking forward to fried pickles from Niffer's (down in Auburn) since we left AU this summer, so at least I got in a good substitute!

Then met Em and Jesse for dinner at LuiLui's (no photos) and after dinner drinks at Casa. These two margaritas represent Em's and my senior year. Every Thursday, we'd go to Casa and get margaritas and catch up. Mine with, hers without salt.



Graffiti on the way to the parking garage... I've wanted a photo of this for years.

I stayed with my pseudo big sis Bethany and her hubs Steve, aren't they fabulous? Steve even wrote me a song about Jon's and my breakup in an attempt to make me smile. He's a sweetie.



On my way out of town, we grabbed breakfast at Casa. This coffee gets it's own picture when you realize how much I'd missed normal American coffee!

Half order of huevos rancheros with homefries

Biscuit with apple butter

Adorably goofing around.


I wish I could have stayed a few more days, but I did get a lot done while I was there AND spent a lot of quality time with B and Steve. It's amazing how large a role food plays in coming home. I don't know about you all, but I came home from France with a list of places I had to eat while I was home.

That said, I'm now trying to get back on the tracking bandwagon since the past few weeks have brought me up to 166, as I found out at WW on Friday. I don't know if I was misreading my scale in France or if my clothing makes that much of a difference or if I really have overindulged that much lately, but it was disappointing, so now that xmas is over, I'm back into tracking and am slowly weaning myself off holiday sugar and chocolate!

More later!