Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Bling

Okay, you've convinced me. Well, that and the fact that my neck still looks like I attacked it with a curling (or straight) iron. This is not possible, since I don't touch either of them (since I already have naturally curly hair) and is still blamed on what will now be referred to as the Ex-Nifty, now evil, obviously not for running jacket.

That said, does anyone have any recommendations for good running clothes? So far, I've found what I want (I think), but it's all UnderArmour, and it's a bit pricey... I'm planning on calling in on my birthday (early), so I can get a few pieces, since I'm a poor college student.

As Spring is approaching, I'm looking at a general combo (tights, tank, shorts, jacket(?)). I have some old mesh shorts I can deal with for now, but since I'll be in Cincinnati (i.e. Civilization) next week, I'm going to take the opportunity to get the rest.

Here's the main contender for tights: UA's Heatgear Capri.
I like it because it's made for warmer weather, but will still keep the thighs from chafing (VERY important). That's also why I like it over the full length, since I don't really need *that* much coverage.

For tanks, I'm thinking either the HeatGear tank or the Moisture Transport Tank. I guess I can't really decide between the idea of the compression fit or the "fitted" fit.

As for the jacket to replace the Evil Ex-Nifty Jacket, I have no clue.

Any suggestions, ye other runners/runners-in-training?