Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Getting in the Kitchen w/Pampered Chef (New Toys!)

The countdown’s at less than a month until the day of the Big Move, so in order to send me off well-equipped, my momma graciously offered to host a Pampered Chef party and give me all the free product and points to get things for the new apartment.  I’m not going to lie, I spent the whole show thinking of all the healthy things I can’t wait to cook at the new place!  I’ve been bad with tracking (more on that later), but I can’t wait to get back in the swing of things in the new place (and hopefully before then too).  Jon’s also pretty excited to have me at home (well the new one) again so he can enjoy my healthy recipes… and having food prepared so he doesn’t have to stop at Mickey D’s… ever.  He was also pretty excited at the prospect of new kitchen gear, so without further ado, here’s what I’m thinking of getting us so far:


Stonewear cassarole dish... DEFINITE.  The possibilities are endless!


Jon's #1 request was this mandolin, so it's happening, but I'm not entirely convinced that I'm not going to accidentally chop off my fingers.

Thinking about these 1c prep bowls.  Think they'd be handy to have for veggies and such in the fridge, though the 2c set might be better for that....

Meat thermometer.  We don't have one, and it'd be really handy for grilling (and for not having to cut into meat to see if it's done!)

Meat tenderizer.  Not only for those pesky chicken breasts, but can also be used to pulverize almonds, hard candy, and any potential robbers.

I LOVE kitchen stuff, especially Pampered Chef.  Honestly, I'm even debating becoming a salesperson to supplement my income once my fellowship is over.  These parties always make me SO excited to get in the kitchen and cook something... As 50's housewife as that sounds.  

How about you?  Are you a Pampered Chef or Pampered Chef wanna be?  What are your essential kitchen gadgets? :)