Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pre-training Day 1

So it looks like it's about to rain here, thankfully I just got back from today's run.  Not a long one, but MUCH better than my first run earlier in the week.  For sure.  This time I did 2 miles in 24 minutes doing 5 run/1 walk intervals.  I walked 2 minutes before my last interval.

Still pretty hard, but I'll get there.  The 10 week rookie half training plan officially starts Monday for the Oct 16th race, so this weekend's two runs are to prep me for that.  I'm debating doing run/walk intervals for the entire half this time.  Does anyone have any insight on this?

Until we move to Cbus I'm planning on doing light weights at home and yoga until I get my pass to the OSU rec center. 

And now, off to start my day!  And by start my day, I mean take a post run dip in the pool. Sorry for the short post!