Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm back!

Whew. Sorry about that absence, my thesis was due Friday and it had my 100% focus all week. That said, I didn't work out pretty much at all and am now up to 171.2 (I think) as of last Saturday, which was the last time I weighed in. All that's left me feeling pretty gross, but now that that's over, I vow to get back on track and back on plan (I even brought my running clothes to campus to run today... It's not going to be pretty).

Yesterday was my fake birthday. It's really next Saturday, but we'll be in Cincinnati for my sister's graduation from high school, so Jon decided we should celebrate beforehand. Thankfully with my thesis done, I sent out another paper early in the morning and then had no work to do for the rest of the day! :)

We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. 85º, sunny, and not too humid. To fully take advantage of this, we spent the afternoon at the beach at Stroud's Run, one of my absolute favorite places in Athens. We went swimming, sunbathed, and then rented a canoe for a lap around the lake (something I've always wanted to do). We had a blast, but now... I look like a lobster. I thought I'd put sunscreen on my back, but apparently not to the sun's exacting standards.

Here's a photo of part of the beach/the lake, you know, to give you an idea of how pretty it is.
Source

Then, Jon took me out to dinner at a locally owned mediterranean restaurant that we love and to coldstone for some birthday ice cream. Not the healthiest choice, but it was really delicious and we had a great time. :) All-in-all, I couldn't have asked for a better fake birthday day... well, I'd do without the lobster-like burn, but other than that.

Anyway, it's good to be back into blogging, sorry I abandoned you all! Also, sorry there's no photos! We didn't take a camera to the beach/in the canoe and then totally forgot to take a photo while we were out.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Lynz said...

Welcome back.. I was wondering where you ventured off to... Was thinking about you as I was doing the p90x... I will assume you haven't started it yet... I am enjoying it, though I really don't stick to the schedule. Just do what I feel like for the night, mixing cardio and strength training.