Thursday, June 9, 2011

30 DC: Day 11 (a shuffle of my iPod)

Today, as part of the 30 Day Challenge, I invite you to a top 10 tour of my iPod touch.  The challenge requirements said to tell you the first 10 songs on shuffle, so be prepared for an odd mix.  I originally only used the touch for running, but I've since added some things to listen to on the bus since I ALWAYS seem to get car sick/headachy on my commute home from work.

1. JK Rowling: "Aunt Marge's Big Mistake" from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.


I LOVE Harry Potter.  I got the British audio recordings from a guy I dated a few years ago and they're worlds better than the American ones.

2. Mumford and Sons "Winter Winds"
One of my British friends turned me on to them after the BRIT awards, I highly recommend them!


3. Corbin Bleu "Push it to the Limit"
This is part of a running playlist.  If ever I want to give up, this song ALWAYS makes me push through.  I wish there were a way to have it on 'speed dial' or something.


4. Adele "Turning Tables"
If you've never listened to Adele, stop what you are doing and listen to this song or anything else by here immediately.  That is all.


5. Bénabar "Monospace"
I couldn't find a good recording of this song to show you, but it's adorable and it's upbeat and catchy with a fun theme: the guy singing is talking about being a dad and driving a monospace (mini van)


6. Buck Cherry "Crazy Bitch"
Good for running.

7. Cali "C'est Quand le bonheur?"
'When is happiness?' or 'When will I be happy?'  Upbeat even with kind of a sad theme, Cali is probably if not my favorite definitely up there among French singers.  Saw him in concert in 2008... amazing. 


8. Ellie Goulding "Lights"
Again, learned about her from the BRIT awards.  Love her... and she's cute to follow on Twitter too!


(The link is to a Yo-Yo Ma version, but same piece)
I played cello for 10 years and this is hands down my favorite things for cello.  I keep all of the suites on my iPod because if I ever need music to relax to or to drown out noise so I can sleep... this is it.

10. Girl Talk "Triple Double"  
I HIGHLY recommend this CD to all runners.  I got it for free online at the Girl Talk website a few months back and the songs are SO fun to run to.

Do any of you have anything weird on YOUR iPods?