Tuesday, May 24, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 1 (Relationship)

Here we go!
Day 1 is about my current relationship.
I apologize in advance for how much scrolling this involves. ;)

This is Jon:

This is also Jon:

(He can be pretty goofy. I love that.)

Jon and I met on November 22, 2009 at this bar:


Like most "How You Met Your SO" stories, this was completely by luck/accident and the timing could not have been worse (or apparently more perfect).

We started dating "officially" December 6, after a romantic weekend of installing toilets, fixing showers, and playing in the snow:


I think given how our relationship has progressed, the fact that we decided to become a couple after a weekend of home repair is pretty fitting.

Jon is my very best friend. We make each other laugh.


He's introduced me and helped me get into a lot of new things, namely Auburn football, shooting, and running.


There were two months at the end of 2010/beginning of 2011 when we weren't together. I think it's safe to say that we were both miserable.


We came to our senses in February and things have been much better ever since.


He even came to visit me over here in France in April!


In the fall, we'll be officially moving in together in Columbus so I can start my M.A. and I could not be happier/more excited about it. Go Bucks!


In all seriousness, I can't say enough good things about Jon and our relationship. We did have a really rough patch, but we've worked through it and I can honestly say that, in my opinion, we couldn't be any stronger and happier for it. It's not been easy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. We just work really well together. I absolutely cannot think of anyone who could be better for me and I hope he'd say the same.

I know there are people who think that we shouldn't have gotten back together and aren't huge fans of us together, but I know in my heart that getting back together is one of the best decisions I've made in a very long time. Being in a relationship and figuring things out is hard work and takes a lot of time and open communication, but we're worth it. Hopefully the nay-sayers will come around once they see how happy we are together, but, if not, I'm just going to keep fighting for and focusing on what's important: us. We are a really good team, we love each other, and everything is just better when we're together.


In a nutshell, this is Jon and Nicky together:


I think we're pretty awesome.