Wednesday, May 25, 2011

30DC: Day 2 (10 Years from Now...)

I really enjoyed writing Day 1 so I hope you at least got a kick out of it. Also, funny story, it happened to be the first blog post of mine that Jon's ever read. This is mostly due to the fact that he's just recently got on twitter so he can see if I tweet about it, but still... amused. :)

Anyway, time for Day 2... Where I'd like to be in 10 years...

First off, 10 years from now, I'd really like to be with this guy:

(Drinking wine together wouldn't be amiss either)

I'd like for both of us to be 100% out of debt:

So far, we're on track! Thanks, Dave!

I'd like to finally be finished with my degrees/certifications and have a real job:


Those are absolutely the three most important things for the next 10 years. I'm not going to lie, having to stay in school to do what I want to do seems to create more problems than it solves... but, hey, can't be helped. Even if I wanted to, there'd be no way for me to get a job doing what I want without at least another certification. Definitely makes life more complicated. That said, there are a few more pretty big things...
  • I'd like to think I'll probably be married 10 years from now.
  • I would like to be living somewhere that makes us happy, probably Auburn, but I really just want to be happy and together, whereever that happens to be.
  • 10 years from now, I'd like to already be a momma or be getting ready to be one. I mean, I'll be 32/33 10 years from now... sounds reasonable to me!
  • I want to be in a house (that's mine) and settled. I'm already sick of moving all the time. I'm even more sick of not being able to live together or control that at all. At least once I move back home in June I can start acquiring things I intend to keep.
  • In 10 years, I want to still be active with running, doing yoga, and hiking, etc outdoors. If I get my first half completed and like it, part of me thinks it'd be cool to try and one run in every state... or something.
  • I want to have kept my weight off by living a healthy, manageable lifestyle. If I have kids 10 years from now, one of my biggest things is that I want to raise them eating healthily and being active.
From where I'm sitting right now, if these things were true, I'd be one really content (and lucky) woman. Then again, who knows... could all change, I suppose. Only time will tell.

Regardless, with this list as a jumping off point, I think the next decade will be quite the ride... Looking forward to it. :)

PS- A few people mentioned that they were having trouble commenting on the last post... Apparently you have to be on the actual post's URL to see the comments on the bottom? Does anyone who uses 'Intense Debate' know how to change that?