Friday, April 2, 2010

Green Monster and Weekly Stats

Last night was Megan's and my first week of our new Thursday Zumba/WW plan. I splurged on lunch, semi-unknowingly, so I wasn't too optimistic for the meeting. Seriously, I had a taco salad (no cheese, no sour cream) BUT in one of those taco bowls... AFTERWARDS I tried to Google nutritional information for it and found one for TEN POINTS, 400 calories, 25g fat, 2g fiber and thought I was going to pass out... It definitely wasn't worth that to me. Rule #67203970 of WW success (in my book): Look up these things BEFORE you eat them... In my experience, if I don't, they always come to bite you in the you-know-what. Dottie's Weight Loss Zone is a great way to prep for fast food/restaurants for WW-ers and non-WWers alike. She gives point values and nutrition info for pretty much any restaurant you can think of.

That said, this weeks stats:

Weekly weigh-in: 171.2
Loss: Maintained
Total loss: 22.4
Emotion: Ambivalent, but hopeful for next week!

Next week, Meg and I both want to try and lose 1 pound each. Honestly, I'll be happy with any loss as I REALLY want to be consistently in the 160s by graduation. I've noticed a difference in my body and I can wear two pairs of jeans that were too tight to wear out at the beginning of last quarter, but I still really want to see some results on the scale.

SO, I'm experimenting with new things and new recipes. For example, this morning, Jon and I jumped on the Green Monster bandwagon and made our own versions (here's mine!):

-3c baby spinach
-3/4c blueberries
-1 medium banana
-1c almond milk
-1 tsbp WW Pomegranate/Blueberry Smoothie Mix
-I added a tbsp of honey to Jon's (yummy!)

This recipe make a full glass plus some extra and totaled 3.5 WW points or 4.5 points with the honey added. I was really surprised by how well the spinach blended in. Despite reading about how delicious they are in several different locations, I was still a bit skeptical about putting spinach in a smoothie... Now, I'm definitely a believer. I have some strawberries in our fridge that I think I'm going to use next week to make a strawberry-banana GM and see how that goes. Anyways, here's a bad cellphone photo of this morning's creation. Bonus: the GM counts as at least 3 servings of fruits and vegetables and 1 serving of dairy! This thing really packs a punch!



Also, see below for the recipe for the Turkey Meatloaf Muffins I made. Lynz, you'll have to let me know what you think of them! :)