Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Green Monster: Recipe II

This morning's Green Monster creation was another success, even if it's coloring did make it look much more awkward in comparison to last week's darker green (due to blueberries) version. Today's included the following:

-1 1/2c strawberries
-1 banana (frozen)
-1 kiwi (peeled)
-3c baby spinach
-1c unsweetened almond milk
-1 tbsp WW pomegranate smoothie mix

Note: If you're going to freeze the banana... Take the peel off first. This should have been obvious to me, but alas, I instead had to run hot water over it for a bit in order to get the peel thawed enough to remove. Fun!

Anyways, I really do love this smoothie. We've gotten it so that this recipe makes enough for Jon and I to each have a glass (though I could have drunk it all myself easily... yum!) Also, it's nice because if I pair it with an English muffin and peanut butter, I'm full until lunch without needing a 10am snack. Speaking of which, I weighed in at home this morning at 169lbs. I could be a fluke day, but I REALLY want to get and STAY under 170 this quarter. I've been hovering around the 171-173 region for months... irritating.

Oh, and while I'm uploading photos, here's one from last night, Fiona decided that Jon (who was doing taxes) would be an ideal perch for her cat-self. Aren't they adorable? It's been years since I've lived with pets at home during the school year (hard to keep a dog in a dorm) and it's true that they really do help keep your stress a bit down. I mean, who can say no to a quick doggie cuddle? It also probably helps that living with them also means I get to live with my super supportive and adorable boyfriend who helps keep me on track as well. I'm a pretty lucky girl.