Thursday, April 22, 2010

W10?D1

Now that C25K is over, I guess I need to find a new way to judge levels... Perhaps my goal for Level 10 will be getting below 160. I was 165 this morning when I weighed myself, so this seems to be a reasonable goal. I would LOVE to be in the 150s by graduation... and finally get to wear my "30 pounds" earrings that have been thumb-tacked on my bulletin board for months now.

In other news, I got an email from Amazon that says that my Garmin has finally shipped, even if the estimated date of arrival isn't until the 28th. Boo. I really can't wait to try it out. Hopefully, with its help I can get a steady pace established and then start pushing towards a steady 11-minute mile. I ran with Jonboy for a bit last night and for the first 16 minutes we did a 10:40 mile pace and I felt like I was pushing pretty hard. Hopefully that can change.

Speaking of which, last night's run: not stellar. Ended up jogging for a total of 55 minutes + whatever I walked, and at no point did I seem to hit my stride. Oh well, we all have our bad days. I'm taking tonight off (Zumba is cancelled... we'll see how *that* reflects tonight's weigh-in), but then Jon and I are running in a 5k here on campus Saturday morning before next week's "real" 5k (i.e. the 5k I used C25K to train for) in Columbus. Saturday's event was a last minute decision. Since we already run around here all the time, why not do a 5k to support cystic fibrosis? Plus, it'll give me a good idea of where I am for this last week before the Columbus run next week.

Anyways, I'm outta here--I have a huge French test and then weigh in tonight... I'm pretty optimistic about both, we'll see how it goes! :)

1 comment:

Lynz said...

Good Luck on the run this weekend!! I am sure you will do great ;-)