Friday, June 25, 2010

Morning fun run--

Quick post. Last night at Black Finn was a success (mostly). Controlled my points intake by only having 2 martinis (1 Pineapple Upside-Down martini and 1 appletini). I'd never had an appletini before... DE-licious. I'll put up some pictures later once I get them from Chris/Katie/Megan. (I think Jon and I are going to solve the camera situation this weekend. More on that later). I like being the driver, because I'm able to have a drink or two and then switch to water without being the loser that's not downing drinks. Keeps the points off too!

Anyway, Jesse (my personal running cheering section) came into town last night to go shopping with me today and, always in fine form, we woke up early this morning and went for a relaxing run together. Since it is technically a "rest" day, we made it a slower paced run, but it was nice to get out there and chat and wake up. I really love running with her because although she runs marathons and can obviously run longer than me, we run at approximately the same pace, so when we run together I don't feel like I'm holding her back or boring her. I know Jon's okay with running with me and I appreciate it... but he has a 9 minute/mile average pace, so I know running with me must be a drag.

Here's the map from our run... it's a new route I hadn't done before in town (mostly) and I really liked it. One thing I love about running in Cincinnati is that there are some many sidewalks to run on. Our average pace was 11:52, so actually better than yesterday... Funny how that works. Yesterday I thought I was pushing it... and today seemed easy. Weird how that happens.




Alright, well I should shower... I'm getting my hair cut and going shopping today and then going to the Reds game. I'm not sure what I'll do with my hair, but don't worry, I'll post pictures! Have a great day, and, if you're in Cincinnati... enjoy the GORGEOUS weather!