Wednesday, June 30, 2010

An Announcement and HTD4: Introducing Jesse

Last night, Jon had to work pretty late and, since I get really antsy being home alone all day during my temporary unemployment, I decided to see what Jesse was up to this evening before he got home. Thankfully, she was free, so she drove out here to run with me (I'm also car-less currently in addition to being unemployed). The Runner's World plan had me doing 2 13:18 miles for an "Easy Run" last night, but since Jesse and I were running and talking, we pushed quite a bit past that and hit 5.25 miles.

We took my usual route out on the bike path (hence no map... boring!) and we just able to jog and chat as we merrily plodded along. I don't know where it came from but yesterday (and today) have been surprisingly cool and mild, which is very refreshing after these past few weeks of intense heat and humidity. Here's the run breakdown, though I forgot to mark the miles, you can get the idea from the overall stats:


I also went ahead and forced Jesse to snap a sweaty photo with me post-run, since I talk about how much I love running with her and yet haven't really made her "appear" on the blog yet:


Also, on a final note, yesterday was bath day for Sahara. She was such a good girl and how can you resist this post-bath adorableness?


Oh wait, you were probably still waiting for that announcement, weren't you? Well, I got my arrête de travail (teaching contract/work papers) in the mail from France yesterday and, after my lovely father in Cincinnati scanned and sent them to me, I learned that I'm going to be in two different towns in the south of France next year: Chateauneuf-de-Gadagne and Le Thor. I'll be in 3 different primary schools, teaching from October 1, 2010 – June 20, 2011.

Chateauneuf-de-Gadagne is the 'A' dot... It's apparently too small to really be on the map when I zoom out there. Also, my French family (who I was hoping to live with) is south of that in Miramas

To be honest, I'm freaking out. My cousin still wants me to live at home, though I think that'd be too much of a commute, but other than that I don't know what to do. Furthermore, I was really hoping I'd get a 7-month contract... 9 months just seems so long. I know it'll be an amazing experience and that Jon and some family and friends will visit... but it still makes me sad to think about being away for that long and missing things happening at home. I know it'll work out, but I am kind of disappointed with the placement right now. Then again, I guess things happen for a reason, right?

On that note, I should go and start packing for our trip to Auburn. We're hoping to leave tomorrow, but it might get pushed back to Friday depending on Jon's work. I'm really looking forward to working on the house and seeing everyone down there--Not to mention the fact that Jon alluded to a possible girly spa day as well? Always a good time. :)