Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weigh-In and Vacation Planning

Quick post this morning, since yesterday was a rest day. After spending the day up at a coffee shop in town working on my graduation announcements and other Paris preparations, I walked to Jon's work to see his new desk and to pick up the car to drive to WW. After 25 minutes of walking, I was a hot mess, but I got there okay and welcomed the brief bit of air conditioning. I got to the meeting really early and got a chance to stand around and chat with Grace, the fabulous receptionist, and Chris, our fearless leader. Here were this week's official results!

Weekly weigh-in: 169.6
Loss: 2.4
Total loss: 24.0
Emotion: In Control

I was really surprised by last night's weigh-in, since there'd been a lot of indulgences this weekend. I really do think running does amazing things for your body if you do it regularly. I'm feeling so much better since I've gotten back into training for this half marathon. It's always good to have a goal.

Speaking of goals, last night's meeting topic was "Packing Your Plan" (i.e. taking it on vacation with you). Since my goal is to try and lose weight while we're in Alabama (and then while I'm in Paris), I've already gone ahead and found a meeting in Auburn that I can go to while we're there. This way, I'll at least be able to weigh-in a few times! Furthermore, I'll be taking my running shoes and plan on continuing to train by finding fun new places to run while we're there. It'll be a good way to get to know the town a little better (and I'll get to run at Lake Martin over the 4th).There are a lot of different restaurants that I'm looking forward to revisiting and new ones that Jon still wants to show me, so I'm sure the healthiness level of our time there will be varied. That said, he and I are going to try and eat most of our meals like normal since we'll be there long enough to stock the fridge and cook. Though we're going to try to eat normally, it's definitely going to be a more Yuengling and heavy food filled couple of weeks than usual, largely since there are certain things that I'm looking forward to eating while down south... coughcough fried pickles and a Niffer's burger. Despite that, I think that my running in addition to the fact that we'll be working on the house all day building/remodeling/painting will hopefully keep me from doing any diet damage.

All in all, I'm feeling really positive about going on vacation. I know that I'll eat some foods I wouldn't normally eat and probably drink more than normal, but I'm going to do my best to stay active and get more activity points in than normal as well. Did you know that, according to eTools, an hour of wall painting or indoor remodeling is 2 AP and that an hour of "outside carpentry" (i.e. us tearing down and building a shed/finishing the retaining wall) is 3 AP? Although I probably won't track my APs for working on the house in an effort to not over eat, it's good to know that we'll at least be getting in 5-6 hours of activity a day just by doing what we've planned to do.

Questions for the day:
1. What are your summer plans and how do you want to work your weight loss into them?
2. Do you have any overall goals for the summer?
3. How are you going to incorporate activity into YOUR vacation?


Have a great day and I'll talk about tonight's anticipated training run with Jesse tomorrow!

2 comments:

Corletta said...

Hey There!!
Thank you for your sweet post on my wall!!! I, too, am looking forward to vacationing and losing weight. Though it had it's challenges, I'm sure that we will both pass with flying colors!! Hey...I'm a runner also!!!!

financecupcake said...

Great loss! It sounds like your eating might not be totally on track in Auburn, but you certainly will be getting more than enough exercise!!